Title: Faith Formation
Fosters the religious growth and faith development of the people of the diocese; provides programs on diocesan regional and parish levels; gives guidance to parishes on faith formation for children, teens and adults. Includes Formation for Ministry and Faith Formation, formerly known as Religious Education.
240 East Onondaga Street
Syracuse, NY 13202
Tel: (315) 470-1431
Fax: (315) 478-4619
For more information, please visit http://faithformation.syrdio.org
Vision Statement: We, the Religious Education Staff of the Diocese of Syracuse, inspired by the Life and Mission of Jesus Christ, commit ourselves to enable the people of this Diocese to recognize the presence of God in their daily lives and to act in Light of the Gospel Message and its challenge to our time and culture.
- Respond to the needs of DRE's/REA's, parish leaders, coordinators and catechists through education formation and resources.
- Challenge ourselves and others to vision - creating a future rooted in the richness of the past and responsive to the Spirit of the present.
- Equip and empower the faithful to exercise their baptismal call to evangelize.
- Emphasize faith formation for all people as a lifelong and life-connected process.
- Include a family perspective in all endeavors.
- Model a particular commitment to global and local issues of social justice.
- Foster the intimate connection between liturgy and catechesis.
- Collaborate with all Diocesan offices, parishes and other faith communities and local agencies.
Resources Available through the Faith Formation Office:
- Learned Outcomes:
Parents , do you know what your child should be learning at each grade level in your parish religious education program? To find the topics and prayers that are age appropriate for your child, grades 1 through 8. Click here for more information - pdf: 116k.
- Special Education:
The Office of Special Needs for Catechetics has resources available for people with a variety of special needs. The Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy Curriculum, Sacraments: Gifts for All (Reconciliation, Eucharist and Confirmation) published by Dayton University, 1000 Great Ideas for Teaching and Raising Children with Autism or Asperger’s are among the many resources that may be borrowed from the Northern Region Office of Faith Formation.
For more information concerning catechesis for those with special needs contact Connie Armstrong at 315-596-4014 or email email@example.com.
- The Catechist in the Third Millennium - Call, Mission and Formation:
As we enter the new millennium, the faith formation of our children, adolescents, and adults is a prime concern of the bishops of New York State. It is also a major concern of the diocesan offices of religious education across the state. To see the important steps that will be taken to guarantee that our volunteer catechists will be formed and educated in a manner that will encourage the best cathechesis in the new century.
- Catechist Certification - Diocese of Syracuse, NY :
Over 50 opportunities were available for certification this fall. If you are interested , please alert your pastor or DRE, or your regional religious education office or call the diocesan religious education office at 315-470-1431. Click here for more information - pdf: 24.9k.Your Link
- Click here to browse the resource center online catalog!
- To view the video series from the North American Forum on the Cathechumanate, click here.
- Circles of Care Curriculum - Review and Download Curriculum