Diocese of Syracuse
Job opportunities at Diocese of Syracuse Catholic Schools
Payroll Supervisor at the Diocese of Syracuse. SUMMARY: Performs functions relating to the processing and reporting of lay, religious, and clergy payrolls for the Diocese of Syracuse administration, catholic schools and parishes. Responsible for supervision of the payroll team. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Accomplishes payroll objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures. Ensuring coverage for payroll absences.
- Meets payroll operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- Preparation of the bi-weekly payroll for lay, religious and clergy using ADP Workforce Now. This includes gathering and verifying bi-weekly timesheets, keying payroll maintenance and new hires, preparing pay checks for distribution, processing direct deposits, garnishments, and other withholdings.
- Complete NYS Unemployment claim requests, New York State Disability and Workers Compensation forms.
- Performs all year end processes and verifications in order to produce and distribute W-2 forms.
- Commands a good working knowledge of the HR/B system including verifying daily transmission and troubleshoot for error resolution.
- Must be well versed in all payroll and labor laws as it relates to payroll processing.
- Must be able to stay abreast of all new ADP payroll system changes and keep team well informed and train team in all new areas.
- Responsible for all payroll communications to employees and management.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Provides excellent customer service to all payroll entities including regular communications, timely follow up and resolution for inquiries.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act to perform the essential functions of this position. EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with a minimum of five years’ experience with payroll and three years supervisory experience. ADP payroll experience preferred. Payroll Certification helpful. Will consider individuals with two year degree with minimum payroll experience of 10 years.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Excellent customer service skills. Knowledge of general ledger and journal entries in order to assist payroll contacts with payroll entry preparation/verification and familiarity of the Diocesan organization prepared. QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS: Excellent interpersonal skills and an outgoing, friendly personality. Computer skills (word, excel) necessary. Familiarity with PowerPoint. Ability to work independently and as a team. Able to multitask and set priorities. Ability to think quickly and respond appropriately to a variety of situations. Able to work flexible hours. Please send resumes to Rosemary Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part time Evangelization Program Coordinator, Diocese of Syracuse, Syracuse, NY: this position works closely with the Director of Evangelization to promote the understanding of evangelization and implement diocesan goals as set forth by the Bishop using the appropriate Church documents as foundational resources. This individual will operate within a team context and engage in significant ministry collaboration to deliver resources and services to parishes, organizations, and diocesan departments.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- assist with the development of evangelization resources and communications
- serve as office's first point of contact for internal and external individuals
- coordinate meetings, trainings sessions, programs, and projects
- develop relationships with parishes
- develop and maintain database
- streamline and manage event programming, logistics, promotion, and registration
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in Theology preferred
Other skills and abilities: Catholic in good standing, who understands and supports the mission of the Church and the Diocese of Syracuse. Ability to anticipate needs, establish priorities, maintain confidentiality, demonstrate discretion, project a positive attitude and exercise a high level of professionalism. Strong skills in organizing, multi-tasking, and following through in a busy, changing environment with little direct supervision. Excellent relationship-building skills with a focus on service to others. Strong oral and written communication skills. Administrative or project management skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and time-sensitive information. Flexible work hours, including occasional availability on weekends and evenings. Driver's license and vehicle and ability to travel within the diocese. Ability to lift 25 pounds. Please send resumes to Rosemary Smith at email@example.com.
Director of Youth Ministry, Diocese of Ogdensburg: the Roman Catholic Diocese of Ogdensburg is seeking a director of youth ministry. The position is responsible for planning and implementing diocesan youth programs. Applicants must be a practicing Catholic, have a Bachelor's Degree with extensive experience in the fields of religious education and faith formation, have successful experience as a youth ministry, knowledge of current catechetical documents, be familiar with the characteristics of youth's personal, spiritual, and emotional development, have proven interpersonal skills, and be competent in the use of technology. Submit letter of interest, resume, and three professional references to: Human Resources Office, Diocese of Ogdensburg, P.O. Box 369, Ogdensburg, NY, 13669 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for application is October 23, 2015.
Part time Director of Music Ministry, St. Ann's Church, Manlius, NY: St. Ann's Church in Manlius is seeking a director of music ministry to work 20 hours/week including Saturday evening, Sunday Masses, special liturgies and rehearsals. This individual will direct, coordinate and perform liturgically appropriate music at parish liturgies and other designated special events and will serve as the adult contemporary choir director and accompanist, children's choir accompanist, parish organist and music resource for all other ministries/programs. Bachelor's Degree in Music with a minimum of 5 years of experience preferred, or equivalent combination of education through private lessons and experience. Must be VIRTUS trained and certified upon employment. Click here to view the complete job description. Send resume and letter of intent to email@example.com or by mail to St. Ann's Music Director Search Committee, 104 Academy Street, Manlius, NY, 13104. All candidates should be prepared to audition and submit a demo tape along with resume.