Diocese of Syracuse
1) The Diocese of Syracuse is currently recruiting a Coordinator of Parenting Ministry for the Family Life Education office. The individual in this role will collaborate with other Diocesan offices, including the Office of Faith Formation and Office of Evangelization in promoting parenting ministry within the parishes, pastoral care areas, and regions of the Diocese. Candidates must have knowledge of the Catholic Faith, strong interpersonal skills, excellent writing and presentation abilities, strong administrative and organizational skills, knowledge of media strategies, online communication, Microsoft Word & PowerPoint. A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience as well as lived experience as a parent, or two years experience working with parents, is required.
This is a part-time position working 14 hours per week. Please send resumes to Amanda Marriam at email@example.com.
2) St. John’s Church, New Hartford is seeking applications for the position of Business Administrator. Preferred qualifications include a 4 year college degree emphasizing business, several years work experience in a business environment, a working knowledge of computer business applications, experience in physical-plant maintenance and 2-3 years experience in employee supervision. Interested applicants should forward resumes by October 31st to the rectory office, St. John's New Hartford, 66 Oxford Street New Hartford NY 13413. Attention: Employment Committee.
3) Administrative Receptionist, Christ the King Retreat House
SUMMARY: This position calls for an individual who will be present in the Retreat House on weekends
and evenings as needed to greet guests, check them in, orient them to the House, collect any fees and attend to their needs while they are here. Work days and times will vary, depending on when guests are here and will be assigned by the Office Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Greeting guests and visitors
• Checking-in guests, collecting fees (as necessary), directing guests to their bedrooms,
showing them their assigned meeting room, location of restrooms, coat room, the Chapel, etc.
• Communicating with Group Contacts and Speakers and assisting them in their requests for
equipment, supplies and any changes in room set-up that they require
• Responding appropriately to emergency situations and unforeseen problems (such as power
failure or minor maintenance problems)
• Setting up for Liturgy or Benediction, as needed, and straightening up the Chapel after any
service takes place there
• Answering the phone and taking messages
• Turning off lights, closing windows and locking doors after guests leave
• Dealing with bookings by phone, e-mail, letter, fax or face-to-face
• Taking payments by credit card, cash or check
• Assisting with database management
• Taking and passing on messages to guests and staff
• Dealing with complaints or problems
• Assisting with mailings
• Other assigned duties
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS: Excellent interpersonal skills and an outgoing, friendly personality. Computer skills (word, excel) necessary. Familiarity with PowerPoint. Ability to work independently and as a team. Able to multitask and set priorities. Ability to think quickly and respond appropriately to a variety of situations. Willing to do whatever needs to be done to provide guests and visitors with a positive experience of their visit to the Retreat House. Able to work flexible hours.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Some office and/or hospitality experience preferred .
HOURS: Weekdays – 4pm-8pm, Weekends – Open availability
Send resumes to Rosemary Smith - firstname.lastname@example.org
4) St. Matthew's, St. Frances of Assisi and St. Mary of the Assumption Churches are currently recuriting a full-time maintenance position. This individual will be responsible for the effective, efficient and safe maintenance, renovation and upkeep of the three parish complexes and grounds. Duties may include mowing, watering and edging lawns, snow removal, weeding, and raking on a seasonal basis; provide general assistance as needed in preparation for church functions. May perform minor carpentry, plumbing, painting and repairs. High school graduate with 3-5 years maintenance experience. Must be able to lift 50+ pounds and be on-call for emergencies. To apply please email email@example.com.
5) St. Stephen’s Church, Phoenix, NY is seeking a leader for their Faith Formation programs, i.e., Family Faith Formation (Grades k-6), and classroom grades 7-10. Includes Sacramental Preparation for Reconciliation, Holy Eucharist, and Confirmation, as well as RCIA and coordination of VIRTUS training. The candidate needs Education and/or Experience that enables them to structure and manage Catholic teaching programs, and provide leadership to volunteer teachers, and spiritual support to others. This is a ten month position at 20 hours per week. If interested, please call Fr. Phil Brockmyre at (315) 695-4531.