Thank you for your interest in becoming a Safe Environment Facilitator for the diocesan Office of Safe Environment. The continued success of our Safe Environment Program depends greatly upon skilled trainers to facilitate our initial three-hour training, “Protecting God’s Children” and our 1 ½ hour re-credentialing training, “Entrusted to Protect, Dedicated to Restore." The training address how to deal effectively with child sexual abuse issues once they arise, along with reducing risks to our children, youth and vulnerable adults.
To be considered for the role of facilitator, one must meet the following requirements:
- Be age 21 or older
- Submit a completed application along with three (3) references
- Credentialed and current in Safe Environment training
- Attend a one-day Train-the-Trainer facilitator training at the Chancery in Syracuse:
- Saturday, June 3, 2017, 9:00a – 3:00p
- Friday, June 9, 2017, 9:00a – 3:00p
Read a complete description of the position here. If you would like to apply, please submit the following by May 15, 3017:
Forward the completed documents to:
Roman Catholic Diocese of Syracuse Office of Safe Environment
240 E. Onondaga Street
Syracuse, NY 13202
If you have any questions, call 315.470.1465 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.