"The Light is On For You" campaign was created by the Archdiocese of Washington and has since been implemented by dioceses throughout the United States. The Diocese of Syracuse is proud to join in this effort and generally offers extended hours for confession on one evening during Advent and Lent.
By participating in the Sacrament of Reconciliation, whether our first time in days, weeks, months or years, we are experiencing God’s individual and unwavering love for us, and one of the true graces made available to us by our Catholic faith. God loves us just the way we are, but he loves us too much to leave us that way. When we return to the Church for the Sacrament of Reconciliation, Jesus rejoices like the father in the Parable of the Prodigal Son. It is never "too late" to return to Jesus and ask for forgiveness. Imagine how joyful you will feel upon confessing your sins, big or small!
Our parishes offer ongoing confession schedules throughout the year. Click the button below to find a parish near you!
- How to Make a Good Confession by Syracuse Catholic Television
- Fr. Jason Hage - The Light is On For You! by Syracuse Catholic Television
- Pope Francis: Don't be afraid or ashamed to go to confession (via CNS)
- Truth & Life Dramatized Audio Bible
- Examinations of Conscience (USCCB)