Our Lady of Lourdes Church and Our Lady of the Rosary Church in Utica Unify to Form One New Parish
Syracuse, New York-- Bishop Douglas J. Lucia has accepted the recommendation to unify Our
Lady of Lourdes Church and Our Lady of the Rosary Church in Utica as one parish with a new
name, “Mary, Mother of Our Savior Parish”. Bishop Lucia believes the name is representative
of the theological background contained in the individual titles of the two churches.
Our Lady of Lourdes and Our Lady of the Rosary have been canonically linked for four years
and representatives of each church have been meeting for several months to create a plan to form
one unified parish. Father Salerno will continue as pastor of the new parish. Both church
buildings will remain; the administration of the two churches will be combined in the fall.
Father Salerno announced the new parish name to parishioners on the weekend of August 14-15
at all Masses.
For more information, you may contact Father Joseph Salerno, Pastor at
315.724.3155 or Danielle E. Cummings at 315.470.1476.