Written and Web-Based Resources
- Parent Handbook for Pregnancy and Infant Loss - readable version
If you are a grieving parent or loved one, and would like to receive the below Parent Handbook and a gift bag, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Miscarriage Handbook: printable version
- For more from our office on Pregnancy and Infant loss, see our website syracusenfp.org.
- Solace and Strength in the Sorrow of Miscarriage
- Life Issues Forum: Loving Parents after Miscarriage
- Book for children: “Sometimes Life is Just Not Fair” by Fr. Joe Kempf
- Book for adults/children: “No One Cries The Wrong Way” by Fr. Joe Kempf"
- “In Times of Grief” by Br. Francis Wager, O.S.B.
- “A Catholic Mother’s Companion to Pregnancy, Walking with Mary from Conception to Baptism” by Sarah Reinhard (topics include miscarriage, depression and carrying to term a baby who might not live)
- “In Their Own Words: Women Healed” by Jean Blair Packard. Physician’s comments by Dr. Thomas W. Hilgers, M.D.
- “The NaProTechnology Revolution: Unleashing the Power in a Woman’s Cycle”
Reproductive Health and Spiritual/Emotional Counsel
- Gianna Center Syracuse - a Catholic healthcare center committed to delivering high quality, scientifically based, ethically sound health care for women of all ages and faiths. The center provides general medical care, general gynecological care, natural family planning education, and NaProTechnology medical and surgical consultations. Conditions treated by NaProTechnology: infertility, recurrent miscarriage, menstrual cramps, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), ovarian cysts, irregular or abnormal bleeding, polycystic ovarian disease, postpartum depression, hormonal abnormalities, chronic discharges and endometriosis.
- Elizabeth Ministry
- Cynthia Badger, LCSW-R (315) 439-6048
- Red Bird Ministries (link to www.redbird.love)
Red Bird Ministries serves ordinary families who have been given an extraordinary cross to carry. They are a Catholic organization that supports and guides individuals and couples through the complexity of grief and trauma that happens with the loss of a child from pregnancy through adulthood.
Visit www.redbird.love for 1:1 support, grief support workshops and support groups, a 33 day devotional called Restoring Love, an online community, and more!
- Catholic Counselors (link to website)
Catholic Counselors offers tele-counseling for individuals and couples. Their website also includes relationship check-up quizzes, podcasts, blogs, books, videos, and more.