Directs the process of discernment for inquirers, the application process for acceptance, and provides aspirants, candidates and their wives the program of formation for ordination to the permanent diaconate.
Directs services to the Deacon Community including ministerial assignments, personnel matters, continuing formation/education, retreats, communications to the community, and maintenance of Deacon Personnel Handbook and Deacon Directory.
- To inform inquirers and lead them through a vocation discernment, application and acceptance process.
- To prepare applicants for their personal, spiritual, and educational formation.
- To organize and supervise a formation program for candidates to the Permanent Diaconate.
- To serve as liaison between the Bishop's Office and the Deacon Community.
- To provide Human Resource support and regular ongoing communication to the deacon community.
2018 Diaconate Ordination (via Syracuse Catholic Television)
Syracuse Diocese Deacon Brochure
Learn more about pursuing a vocation as a permanent deacon
The first step in inquiring about a vocation as a permanent deacon is to talk with your pastor about your call. Next, find out more about the process by attending a scheduled Information Session. Attendance (with your wife, if married) is a required step in the discernment and application process.
2022 Information Sessions:
Sunday, April 3, 2022 1:00PM to 3:30PM
St. Vincent De Paul Blessed Sacrament Church
465 Clubhouse Rd, Vestal, NY 13850
Sunday, June 5, 2022 1:00PM to 3:30 PM
St. Anthony & St. Agnes Church
422 Tilden Ave, Utica, NY 13501
Sunday, August 7, 2022 1:00PM to 3:30PM
Pope John XXIII Roman Catholic Church
8290 Soule Rd, Liverpool, NY 13090
Sunday, October 2, 2022 1:00PM to 3:30PM
Church of the Holy Family
309 Buffalo Street Fulton, NY 13069
To register, or for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 315-470-1460