Directs the process of discernment for inquirers, the application process for acceptance, and provides aspirants, candidates and their wives the program of formation for ordination to the permanent diaconate.
Directs services to the Deacon Community including ministerial assignments, personnel matters, continuing formation/education, retreats, communications to the community, and maintenance of Deacon Personnel Handbook and Deacon Directory.
- To inform inquirers and lead them through a vocation discernment, application and acceptance process.
- To prepare applicants for their personal, spiritual, and educational formation.
- To organize and supervise a formation program for candidates to the Permanent Diaconate.
- To serve as liaison between the Bishop's Office and the Deacon Community.
- To provide Human Resource support and regular ongoing communication to the deacon community.