To access Risk Management documents, policies, and procedures via the diocesan employee portal, click here.
Risk Management Services
- Oversee the placement of all property and casualty insurance policies.
- Handle all diocesan property and casualty claims.
- Loss prevention visits to all diocesan locations on a regular basis.
- Development of specific loss prevention programs to increase safety and reduce the cost of loss.
- Secure and provide Certificates of Insurance as needed for all parish, school and diocese activities.
- Provide ongoing advice to all in regards to safety and handling risks.
- Develop and distribute recommendations and guidelines as needed to address exposures and risks that develop.
Protected Self Insurance Program Highlights
- All risk replacement cost coverage for all buildings and contents, Liability coverage for all parish, school, cemeteries, Catholic Charities and all diocesan ministries.
- Auto liability, collision and comprehensive coverage, for all parish and diocesan owned vehicles.
- Workers compensation coverage for all employees.
- Boiler & Machinery coverage for schools and for parishes who elect this coverage.
- Crime coverage.
The Diocese of Syracuse Risk Management Office's mission is to enhance the safety
and well being of all Diocesan parishes, schools, cemeteries, Catholic Charities
and all of our ministries, through loss prevention, fair and timely claims handling,
and effective management of all risks throughout the Diocese.
Risk Management exists to serve the Diocese of Syracuse parishioners,
volunteers, clergy and all employees throughout all 7 counties.