April is Child Abuse Prevention Month
The Office of Safe Environment held a poster contest during Safe Environment Week in November. Students across the diocese were invited to create a poster, answering “How are you a gift to others?” The winning entries are featured on diocesan social media, as well as in an upcoming issue of The Catholic Sun.
This month is a time to recognize that each and every one of us can play a part in promoting the well-being of our children, who are gifts entrusted to us by God. National Child Abuse Prevention Month reminds us of the need to be vigilant about providing a safe environment for all within the Church. We must all do our part to protect the life and dignity of our children at home, at school, and at church in an effort to end neglect and abuse of our innocent youth.
Please join us in our renewed commitment to remain tireless and observant in protecting and caring for our children, our youth, and vulnerable adults. As we celebrate the season of Easter, let us also celebrate the protection of our most valuable gift from God: our children.
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops Child and Youth Protection Charter
- National Child Abuse Prevention Month
- Prevent Child Abuse America
- Prevent Child Abuse New York
- Prayer card (in English & Spanish)
- Prayer to Patroness of Abused Children
- Blessing for a Victim
- So there is no doubt: overview of the USCCB Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People