The link(s) to external websites provided here are intended solely for the user’s convenience and information. The Diocese of Syracuse assume no responsibility for, nor do they necessarily endorse, these websites, their content, or their sponsoring/affiliated organizations.
Social Media Safety
- Instagram Safety Tips for Parents (via Instagram)
- A Parent's Guide to Instagram
- A Parent's Guide to Snapchat
- Facebook Messenger Kids app
- Social Media, Gaming and Mental Health: 2019 Report from Child Mind Institute
- Pause Before You Post: How to share your kids photos safely online
- @KidsforPrivacy campaign - Child Rescue Coalition
- New tools for parents, kids in YouTube Kids app
- How Social Media Could Get Your Kid Kicked Out of College
- Rise in teen suicide, social media coincide; is there a link?
- What age should my kids be before I let them use social media?
- Family Tips on Safety & Security (Grades 6-12)
- It's not cyberbullying, but...
- Kids are using Google Docs to bully, chat in secret
- 5 ways to block porn on your child's devices
- Video: 5 Internet safety tips for kids
- Cyberbullying: What is it?
- Digital Kidnapping - How to Protect Your Family from Online Predators
- How to keep your kids safe online, from a cybersecurity expert
- What is Online Enticement? (via the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children)
- Protecting Your Kids Online 2.0
- Sextortion Fact Sheet (via the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children)
- Stop Sextortion (resources for teens)
Cell Phone Safety
- Apps to watch out for in 2020
- What's AirDrop and Why Are Kids Using It?
- X-Plan: Giving Your Kids a Way Out (#xplan)
- Step-by-Step Guide to Setting Up Your Kid's iPhone
Last updated: June 30, 2020