The Office of Safe Environment has in-person and online Safe Environment Facilitators who provide child abuse prevention training in the Diocese of Syracuse.
The Safe Environment trainings teach participants how to deal effectively with child sexual abuse issues once they arise, along with reducing risks to our children, youth, and vulnerable adults.
To be considered for the role of a Safe Environment facilitator, one must meet the following requirements:
- Be age 21 or older;
- Credentialed and current in Safe Environment training;
- Submit a completed application along with three (3) references; and,
- Attend a six-hour Safe Environment facilitator training.
The next Safe Environment Facilitator training sessions will be held
- Wednesday, March 15, 2023, from 9:00a to 3:00p at the Chancery in Syracuse.
- Saturday, March 25, 2023, from 9:00a to 3:00p at the Chancery in Syracuse.
Click here to request a Safe Environment Facilitator application.
Contact the Office of Safe Environment with any questions at 315.470.1421 or firstname.lastname@example.org.